Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Today

We had a really busy day. Gavin had his 12 month checkup at the doctor's office this morning at 8:30. All is well with his development, and we are already doing all the stuff the doctor suggested, like switching him to milk, feeding table foods, and brushing his teeth. Luckily Gavin's cold has not given him an ear infection. The doctor prescribed some cough medicine with an expectorant in it to help clear out his chest. Gavin now weighs 21.13lbs, is 30.25 in tall, and has a head circumference of 18.75in. The doctor didn't give me percentiles, but I looked it up online and Gavin is in the 21th percentile for weight, 59th for height, and 80th for head circumference. Maybe this is why he reminds me of baby pictures of cousin Joe? Then at 11 I went to my last physical therapy appt for my back. Since my pain is getting much better they went ahead and discharged me with instructions to continue my exercises to further reduce my pain. It is really nice to no longer be in pain every time I clean the house, take a walk, go to the grocery store, etc. I still hurt about a third of the time, but that's welcome progress to me. After my appt Jake and I ate lunch while Gavin finished his nap, then we started touch up painting the house. It went up for sale yesterday, and the realtor told us he'd be back this evening to take pictures to post online. While we painted Gavin watched and played in his playpen. We are so lucky to have such an easygoing baby. Just as we were finishing painting and Jake was leaving for work at 3, with all our paint mess still to be cleaned up, the realtor showed up to take pictures. Luckily his camera battery died, and he went home to recharge it. He said he'd be back in an hour. So I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off cleaning up all the paint stuff and tidying up the house for pictures. Gavin went down for his afternoon nap. I got everything in order, and the agent came back about 4:30 and took pictures. He remarked how nice the place looked, and I told him "this is what it looked like before we had a child." After the agent left Gavin and I played for awhile in the livingroom. Tyler was still in his crate from when the agent had been here. Tyler barked. Gavin barked back. They barked back and forth at each other about 5 times. It was really cute. Then Gavin started eating dinner, and here we are at 6:30. Gavin has been eating for a bout 45 minutes. He is really hungry tonight. Maybe the cough syrup made him feel better. He has eaten oatmeal, whole grain goldfish, carrots, and green beans. He just keeps eating everything on his tray, so I keep giving him more and more green beans and carrots. So that's our day so far. Bathtime is next. Mom, I have been too busy to take any new Gavin pictures. Oh, which reminds me. Gavin now has his own folder in my "favorites" on internet explorer. My mom sent him this link last night :http://appraisercentral.com/cleanscreen.swf. When I showed it to Gavin he laughed and bounced up and down on my lap.