Sunday, February 8, 2009

What, me worry?

The biggest suprise having to do with Gavin's birthday was for me. I have been a little anxious about taking Gavin off his bottle when he turned 1. Friday afternoon Gavin drank the last of his formula, so that night he had whole milk in his bottle. He didn't really seem to like it, and only drank a couple ounces. He was also pretty fussy from being sick, and had not finished his bottle the night before either, so I didn't really think anything of it. Saturday morning I gave him milk to drink in his sippy cup with breakfast. Much to my suprise, he drank about half the cup. He continued drinking the milk out of the cup throughout the day. Last night he didn't finish all his milk from the cup, but he didn't throw a fit for his bottle either. Today he drank from his cup all day and drank a whole cup of milk before bedtime with no fussing. Its as if he has forgotten all about the bottle. Go figure!