Friday, September 17, 2010

Weekly update

This past week or so Gavin has been saying:
  • up
  • egg
  • go
  • car
  • mine!
He's started talking back  to the tv - he'll yell "no!!" or "boo boo, ow"

He's also started sometimes talking to himself while playing. This morning he was playing with his cars and trucks and kept saying, "no! mine!....mine!...mine!..no!" Not sure what that was about.

Now often times when I ask Gavin a question he will put his finger to his lips and say "hmmm..." while pondering a reply.

Gavin generally dislikes coloring. It doesn't hold his attention. He can play with play-doh for hours, but coloring only lasts a few seconds. However, yesterday I did get him to draw a face. I drew a circle, and Gavin was able to correctly draw and place eyes, nose, mouth, hair, and ears. He was able to draw pretty good circles for the eyes, which is a milestone developmentally. I was impressed since this was the first time I had done this activity with him. I tried it a second time, and Gavin drew a bunch of eyes on the face and indicated to me by gesture and a growl that he was drawing a scary monster this time. It never ceases to amaze me how "male" his actions just naturally are.