Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blah

Well we weren't able to put a contract on the 1st house we wanted. The owners were only willing to reduce their price by $3k, which still put the house about $10k over it's value per our realtor. We put an offer on another house, in a neighborhood across the street from the last house, this afternoon. Hopefully we'll have bettter luck this time. This house does not have the neighborhood pool and playground I wanted, but it does have an above ground pool and wooden swingset in the backyard, so that's a good consolation. On the plus side, I've been so stressed this last week that I'm finding it hard to eat. The last time that happened was when we first got Gavin. I lost 5 pounds that time, and wouldn't mind doing that again. We've been too busy and stressed to really appreciate our house being sold, but I did have a moment today when the thought popped into my mind that we're never going to have to "show" this house again. No more running around cleaning and tidying up, throwing Gavin and Tyler in the car and figuring out what to do for 1-2 hours at a time. That is awesome.