Saturday, October 30, 2010

phase 1 of the move is done!

The past week has been really hectic. We have been packing everyday, moving stuff into storage, and making sure all the loose ends are tied up with our old house and with the new one before I left town. Thursday we rented a truck and moved the remainder of our belongings into storage, camping out at the house that night. I would not recommend purchasing the $7.99 twin air mattress from Walmart. But at least they will make good pool floats next summer. I am amazed how long it has taken to get our house packed up and cleaned. We were still doing finishing touches up to 1pm yesterday, with closing at 3pm. We walked through the empty house one last time and explained again to Gavin what was happening. As I was pulling out of the driveway he said "dye dye houf. love oo." Our part of closing only took about 10 minutes so I decided to go ahead and drive down to my parents house last night. Gavin did great on the car ride down, and is enjoying all the attention at my parent's house. Today we went to the pumpkin patch with my Uncle Bill and Aunt Joy:


We went on a crazy hayride there. It was fast with a bunch of tight circles and sharp turns: 


and then Gavin got to sit on the tractor: