Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Weekend in review

I always plan on taking pictures when we have dinner parties but I never do. I planned on taking pictures of all the Easter food too but I didn't. I did take pictures of the desserts before everyone got here:

 And then I took a picture of the leftovers on Sunday to get an idea of our feast:
It was fun having a big group for Easter dinner; there ended up being 8 adults and 7 kids. After dinner the kids did an egg hunt in the backyard and then played for a couple hours while we all sat on the back porch visiting.

 Gavin enjoyed his "boid":

 The vegetables I planted a couple weeks ago are growing fast:
 our peach tree:
 the lettuce from seeds is sprouting:
 the tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and stevia are growing crazy fast:
 this grape tomato plant in particular:
 pear tree:
 I think the only things that are not going to make it are the 2 rasberry bushes we planted. Someone keeps stomping on them:
 I realized I never posted the final result of all our hard work in our flower beds. Here it is:




 And in other news we have a new (to us) riding mower...

that doesn't work. Luckily it was free (actually free + $80 for a couple parts it needed). It was given to us by Jake's coworker Steve, who it was given to by another coworker named Steve. Steve #1 was given a better mower, so he gave this one to us, which worked the day he dropped it off. Jake thinks it has a bad starter. Luckily Steve #2 has a spare starter he's giving us, so hopefully it will be up and running soon.