Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Star Wars

First of all, here's Gavin's impression of an ant using baby carrots:

 Next, Gavin has been really into all things Star Wars the last couple months. Here's his "C-Pee-Pee-Poe-Poe (C3PO)" made out of blocks:

Here he is as a stormtrooper. He usually makes a gun out of blocks to go along with the mask, but this day he used a lightsaber (the feather duster). Gavin often times pretends to be Darth Vader in the mask and cape too, and he sings the darth vader song while doing so "bah-bah-bah-bah buh bah-bah buh bah" Sometimes he's Darth Vader without the mask, and puts a scowl on his face and does the breathing sound effects.

 Also, Gavin has not been happy with the angel on our tree. He has noticed that every other Christmas tree or picture of a Christmas tree that we see has a star on top, and he wants one on the top our tree too. It seems to really bug him. So I put the star he made at school on top of our tree. He wanted me to remove the angel completely. I did, but he wasn't happy with how I was putting the star on the top of the tree. He kept saying he wanted me to "hitch" it on the tree. He even showed me his toy truck trailer with the hitch on it to try to illustrate. I wasn't sure what he wanted, and couldn't make him happy, so I just put the angel back on. In retrospect maybe he wanted me to use one of the ornament hooks to "hitch" it on the tree. But he hasn't fussed about the star since the night I put it around the angel's neck so I'll let sleeping dogs lie.