Monday, February 6, 2012

#4

Gavin's 4th birthday was yesterday and we celebrated by having our friends over for a dinner party. It was supposed to be a Super Bowl party too, but it turns out we don't get NBC in our living room (we use an antenna). Jake was able to find the game on my laptop but it didn't show the commercials or half time. I thought it was pretty funny in an ironic sort of way but Jake was bummed. After everyone left and we got Gavin in bed Jake realized we do get that channel in our bedroom, so we watched the last hour of the game in there. At first Gavin wanted a Star Wars cake for his birthday. I spent several hours researching those and finally figured out how to make an easy version. Then he saw the pictures of last years birthday and changed his mind. For the last 3 weeks every time we asked him what type of cake he wanted it was "dirt cake" or "worms pie." So I made the exact same cake this year. No complaints from me, I think it's the easiest cake I've ever made: 2 cooked chocolate cakes mixed with 2 cans of icing and a bag of gummie worms.  After I looked at these pictures today I thought it was pretty funny that Gavin had a cookie in his hand while he was blowing out his candles:





 Gavin didn't seem too interested in Candy Land. He left it half unwrapped and headed for the big present:
 It's a model of the front of a car, with an engine that pops up, removable parts and a wheel and gearshift that make noise. It turned out to be a better toy than I had anticipated when I bought it on clearance last year. Even Carleigh enjoyed it:

 Gavin playing with his new playdoh fun factory first thing this morning:

Today Gavin had his wellcare visit at the Dr's office. He weighs 38.5 lbs, is 41.5 inches tall, and is in the 75th percentile for height and weight. He also got 4 shots from a nurse that was amazingly fast, like a shot ninja. They hurt all the same though, and poor Gavin has been talking about his broken leg (one shot was in his thigh) all day.