Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My latest find

A few days ago I ran across this article:
http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2009/07/05/can-you-actually-earn-reasonable-money-from-mechanical-turk/
And I decided to try mechanical turk out for myself. It's actually kind of fun. Basically it's an amazon.com affiliated site that lets you perform various piece work tasks for a small amount of money. Write an article for a blog $2, complete a political survey $1, participate in a psychological study for a university $1.25, etc. I like it because I use parts of my brain that haven't engaged in a while - today I completed an English study for a university similar to the verbal portion of the SATs. So for I've spent probably 4 hours completing different tasks and made about $21. Not much but better than the zero dollars I would have made reading various blogs during the same time. It helps that I'm a fast reader and good test taker and can zoom through most of the tasks in about half the projected participation time. I've found it's best to stick with the tasks that pay at least $1.Worth a shot if you have some time to kill and could use a little extra spending money.  (No I'm not making any $ of this referral and you bet I did check to see if I could)
www.mturk.com