Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Yum?

Gavin still enjoys eating healthy food most of the time. He would probably eat junk all day if I let him, but I don't. One technique that gets him to eat more healthy than he otherwise might be inclined is that if he wants a snack in front of tv it has to be a healthy food. I don't think he even realizes this - it's just his normal. It's usually either cheerios, peanuts, plain popcorn, a smoothie, baby carrots, or an apple . Yesterday we had tacos and burritos for lunch. Gavin didn't want any, I think he was still full from his snack at school. But after lunch while Jake was working on the lawnmower Gavin wanted to rest in front of cartoons and eat a snack. His request was the leaf lettuce I had chopped up for lunch. He ate 3 cereal bowls full of plain leaf lettuce. Today he requested canned peas for his tv snack.