Friday, January 4, 2013

Our week

  • Gavin's birthday is coming up soon, and we've been thinking about taking him somewhere fun (legoland discovery center in ATL, monster truck show, etc) in lieu of a birthday party. Sunday evening I asked him if he could go anywhere he wanted where would he like to go. He said, "that chicken nugget place."
  • Monday we had one of the best New Years Eve's I can recall. We had boiled shrimp, caesar salad, and garlic bread for dinner (one of Jake's favorite meals), followed by reindeer cookies for dessert and watched a movie together snuggled under a blanket. During the movie Gavin watched the periodic fireworks being shot off in our neighborhood through the living room window. FYI - if you have infertility issues be prepared to cry a lot if you watch "The Odd Life of Timothy Green." Gavin said to me "Why you crying, 'cause you can't have a baby in your tummy?" I nodded at first but then told him the truth - that it made us so happy to adopt him and I was sad because we wanted to adopt another baby but we hadn't gotten one yet. As I continued to cry (seriously - that move is rough to watch) he said, "you crying? I tell you joke! Why'd the pig go in the woods...'cause he want to!"  
  • Tuesday we had great weather - overcast and in the low 70's. We took a long family walk, but left Tyler at home. While walking Jake asked Gavin what he should do if he gets lost. He said, "Yell for Tyler. He come and find me."
  • Yesterday Gavin sat down next to me on the couch. He told me I smell good. I asked what did I smell like. He said, "turkey."