Sunday, January 13, 2013

Way to go!

I am so proud of Jake. He has been preparing the last couple months to take his PT (physical fitness test) for work. He has lost 22 lbs in the past month and a half or so. He has been exercising like crazy, almost every day. And today he passed his test. He did 55 situps in 1 minute. He did 67 pushups in 1 minute (I didn't even know that was possible!) And he ran 1.5 miles in 13 minutes and 5 seconds. Hooray for Jake! His weight loss is quite noticable - the clothes he was wearing yesterday were hanging off of him. I generally cook pretty healthy meals, but now I've incorporated some lower calorie adjustments. We also have less junk food around the house, and have been eating out less. Jake has become quite the healthy eater - I joked the other day that we're now spending on bananas the amount that used to get spent on soda. The plan is for him to continue his healthy habits after the test is over (after a trip to the chinese buffet to celebrate). He'll test again in a year, and every year as long as he stays in the military, so really he doesn't have much of a choice. I really prefer eating this way, so I'm happy Jake is on board.