Thursday, December 5, 2013

Week in review

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. I cooked our big turkey dinner on Wednesday and on Thursday we went out to eat with our good friends Dale, Angela, and Brayden. I loved this, and hope to make it a tradition. It allowed me to have the whole day Thursday to rest (I always work the Friday after Thanksgiving, up at 5:30am), and also get in a little online shopping (many of the black Friday deals were available online on Thursday). Among other things I ordered several pairs of $5 pajamas for Gavin and a new 6 ft Christmas tree (pre-lit) for only $30. And we had turkey leftovers all weekend. Good deal.
 
Saturday we went to check out the model train exhibit at the Museum of Aviation, there for only a week per year. Not sure if I've posted about this before, Gavin calls the Museum "my work." Every time we drive by he says, "that's my work!" Sometimes he says he fixes airplanes there, sometimes he flies the planes there, sometimes he flies the planes and shoots bad guys. On Sundays when we drive by on the way to church he sometimes "calls" his co-workers, and tells them he can't come to work today because its Sunday, and invites them to come to church. This has been going on for 2-3 years now, and he's quite firm in his assertion that he works there. He will not admit that he's just pretending.

 Gavin's favorite part of the museum - the big planes outside:


 Saturday Gavin bought a $4 scooter at Goodwill, hasn't yet quite mastered it:
 random picture of Tyler:
 Our $30 pre-lit Christmas tree arrived Tuesday evening, and Gavin and I decorated it yesterday. The best part is it comes apart in only 3 pieces versus a million branches to insert like our old big tree (the one we lost the top to in the move).