Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow days

Our town ended up being mostly shutdown for a couple days last week due to rare snow and ice. We got more ice than snow at our house, which Gavin found out is not all that fun to play in. No snow balls. I kept meaning to go take a picture of the front of our snow covered house, it was pretty, but my warm baby and warm bed (naps) kept me inside. The good part of the snowstorm was that it kept my mom here a few extra days. She left on Friday, was here 3 weeks total, and was a huge help as we transitioned to life with a newborn. My mom braved the cold to take these pictures of Gavin, he only lasted a few minutes outside:
Jan 28:


 Jan 30:

 Jan 31: Last Friday evening Jake and I cleaned the house. Jake turned on some 80's tunes while we cleaned, and Gavin ran and got his tinker toys to make himself a microphone and drums (all by himself) to rock out:
 


At one point as this was going on, Amelia laid in her pack and play happily kicking her legs and waiving her arms. It looked like she was dancing. She has taken to doing this a couple times a day, 30 minutes or so at a time. Just happily kicking and looking around.